Admit it or not, putting together dozens of libraries and frameworks and making them working together to build an application is hard and tedious, not to mention getting your application deployed for public access.
On the other hand, having these libraries and frameworks makes our life easier by not reinventing the wheel, that's why create-react-app was born and get more and more popular.
You can get your own blockchain up and running within minutes with forge-cli, but how to connect your application with forge-powered chains through forge-sdk? How to get your application communication to ABT Wallet users?
forge-python-starter is here to help!
forge-python-starter is the go to solution if you want to build applications with Python and react that runs on forge powered chains.
Built upon the application skeleton we got after running
create-react-app, dApps bootstrapped with this starter have several widely used react libraries integrated to make page composing easier:
- styled-components as styling solution
- @material-ui as component library
- react-router-dom for client side routing
- @arcblock/forge-sdk for read and write onchain data
forge-python-starter can be start point for any forge powered dapp, you can built many blockchain powered apps, such as:
- Online store that sells digital assets and accept ABT as payments
- Online community application that authentication users through ABT Wallet
- Admin console for internal use that are protected by ABT Wallet
Here are the knowledge requirements to get you up to speed when using this starter blocklet:
- Basic Python coding experience
- Basic react coding experience
- Basic knowledge of mongodb
And to get the starter blocklet up and running on first try, you should:
- A handy command line terminal
- Install latest version of forge-cli:
npm install -g @arcblock/forge-cli
- Spin up a forge-powered chain with forge-cli
- Have a running mongodb instance that the dApp can connects to
Besides, you need to have ABT Wallet installed to try out the application after bootstrapping.
Copyright 2018-2019 ArcBlock
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.